subscreen items cannot be selected -2.55 a60

King Aquamentus

subscreen items cannot be selected -2.55 a60

Post by King Aquamentus »

for as far back as I can remember, If a certain item was not in a certain slot, your cursor would skip over that item in whichever direction you pressed until it reached one that was. (or maybe what the next position # was, not sure)
zc_screen00013.png
zc_screen00013.png (2.85 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
This subscreen is currently rigged so that a key press in any direction will take you to the next item in that direction, if available. Right now, there are only two available items: a lantern and bait. However, no matter what button I press, the cursor will not advance from the lantern to the bait. Everything works fine when tested in the subscreen editor in Zquest, but in ZC... nothing. not even pressing Z and X will switch between the two.

in ZC, I used a cheat to add a missing item to the first slot of the second row. Now in the subscreen, I can manually select available items, but the Z and X keys apppear to only cycle from left to right, rather than by item position #.

Venrob
ZC Developer
PureZC Username: Venrob
AGN Username: Venrob

Re: subscreen items cannot be selected -2.55 a60

Post by Venrob »

I'm presuming 'Z' and 'X' are your 'L' and 'R' buttons (saying the keyboard key is useless; my L and R are 'Q' and 'W')

In the subscreen editor, what are all the values for 'Pos', 'Left', and 'Right'? Or better yet, can you just post the quest file?
ZC Dev since Sept 2018

King Aquamentus

Post by King Aquamentus »

No problem.
Attachments
zebesrule.qst
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 93 times

Venrob
ZC Developer
PureZC Username: Venrob
AGN Username: Venrob

Post by Venrob »

User error; poorly set up subscreen.

When you go in a direction, it goes to the item specified by the right position value. If that fails, it goes to the item pointed to by THAT item's right position value, etc.

The way that is set up, if you start at `0` and press `Right`, it tries `0->1->2->3->4->0`, so of COURSE it will never go to the next row, because you did not tell it to do so.
ZC Dev since Sept 2018